9-12 Months Before
- Create a basic budget.
- Begin researching and scheduling appointments with venues. Book venue 11 months before wedding.
- Research and book photographer- Checkout my friends at Keystone Hill Photography!
- Book florist, DJ/band, caterer, videographer, and wedding planner.
- Write guest list.
- Find an officiant.
- Select wedding party.
- Begin saving receipts.
- Secure transportation for guests.
- Begin dress shopping.
6-9 Months Before
- Select and order gown. Go to first gown fitting 7 months before.
- Choose and order wedding rings.
- Select bridesmaid’s attire and schedule fittings if necessary.
- Register for gifts.
- Speak with venue about incorporating wedding theme.
- Start planning honeymoon.
- Create wedding website.
4-6 Months Before
- Finalize guest list.
- Send Save-the-Date announcements.
- Begin ordering items needed for ceremony and reception- Check out some Elena & Co.’s beautiful backdrops, tablecloths, napkins, and more here!
- Order wedding invitations. Check out Lattice Tree Studio‘s beautiful work!
- Select date, time, and location of rehearsal dinner.
- Taste wedding cakes, select baker, and arrange for delivery.
- Choose ceremony readings and reach out to possible readers.
- Create wedding playlist.
- Arrange hotel lodging for out-of-town guests.
- Write wedding vows.
- Have groom’s tuxedo fitting.
- Meet with officiant.
- Place reservations and deposits for honeymoon.
2-4 Months Before
- Mail wedding invitations with hotel and transportation information.
- Plan Bridal Shower.
- Choose makeup artist and hairstylist and set trial and day-of appointments.
- Purchase wedding favors.
- Obtain marriage license within 90-days of wedding.
- Schedule limo/transportation for couple.
5-8 Weeks Before
- Send rehearsal-dinner invitations.
- Meet with vendors to work on details.
2-4 Weeks Before
- Finalize details with vendors.
- Order seating cards and programs.
- Create seating plan.
- Review final guest count and confirm with caterer.
- Reach out to guests who have not responded.
- Have final dress and groom’s formalwear fitting.
1 Week Before
- Confirm times with vendors and wedding party.
- Pick up wedding dress.
- Create task list for wedding party.
- Set aside checks and tips for vendors.
- Pack for honeymoon.
- Breathe- There is always a lot of unexpected surprises and other things that come up, but everything will go well if you keep calm and focused.
Remember: This day is to celebrate your love and happiness. It will be perfectly imperfect.
Day of Wedding
- Start your day with breakfast. Treat yourself!
- Attend hairstyle and makeup appointments.
- Relax! Give yourself plenty of time to get ready and enjoy your time.
And last of all, Congratulations and enjoy your special day!
With love, Elena